BEAS KUND TREK
Day 1-Solang Valley to Dhundi
- Arrive at Solang Valley on your own and start trekking towards Dhundi on the first day of this short expedition.
- After crossing the popular Solang Valley, the trail will get narrower with pine forest on one side.
- After trekking for a short distance, you will come across your first adventure of the trek, crossing a stream.
- You will keep following the scenic trail until you make your way to the campsite for the night; Dhundi.
- It’s a tiny village located on the bank of the Beas River.
- After reaching the campsite, just enjoy the gorgeous surroundings and rest. Stay overnight.
Day 2- Beas Kund to Dhundi
- This is the longest, toughest and the most important section of the Beas Kund trekking as it will take you near the origin of the river and then back to Dhundi.
- Just as you reach a little higher from the starting point, amazing views start appearing.
- The trail has a heap of boulders, and makes an excellent photography spot. Velvety slopes will be seen from here, and below them, fir and spruce trees will be easily distinguishable.
- From here, you will also be able to see where the tree line ends, and grasslands take over.
- After walking for another few hours you will finally reach the lake. Beas Kund is a small alpine lake, where the waters seem bright blue.
- The numerous small streams together making up the main river will be clearly distinguishable to you. Some arise from the nearby glaciers while others have their origin in the pond itself.
- You may also find vibrant purple wildflowers growing on the grasslands around the pond.
- Take pictures, relax by the lake and explore the area more. Post this picturesque extravaganza, hike down and return to the Dhundi campsite and stay overnight.
Day 3- Dhundi to Solang Valley
- Have a healthy breakfast at the campsite and start making your way back to Solang Valley.
- Today’s hike will be relatively easier as you will mostly be trekking downhill.
- Take a lot of pictures as you will have ample amount of time during the hike.
- Reach Solang Valley in the afternoon and get a picture clicked with the entire team after the trek completion.
- Local Transportation throughout the journey
- All activities mentioned
- Entry fees
- Guide cost
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion